Current Applicant Information
Please review your application checklist to determine if there are missing items.
- Go to the Stanford Graduate Admissions website
- Click on the link on the left side of the page called Application Activity Status Page. (Under the red Apply Now button.)
- Use the username and password that you created to submit your online application.
- This will bring you to your activity status page where you can review your checklist to determine if any items are missing.
- Follow the instructions below for each missing item.
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation can be submitted and will be accepted after the application deadline; however, the admissions committee begins their review shortly after the deadline so your letters of recommendation should be submitted by the deadline to ensure that they can be reviewed by the committee.
If a letter has not been submitted please contact the recommender to ask them to submit the letter as soon as possible. Letters must be submitted by your recommenders through the online system. You can send a reminder email to your recommenders through the Application Activity Status Page which will include the link where they can submit their letter.
Official Test Scores
Received (Unofficial): This means that we only have your self-reported scores that you listed on your application.
If you have already had ETS send your official scores to Stanford:
It will take some time for the official scores to be matched to your application in the system and reflected on your checklist. As long as you self-reported your scores on your application, those will be used for the admissions committee's review and it will not adversely affect the review. Please do not contact the department to see if your official scores have been received.
If you have not already had ETS send your official scores to Stanford:
You must do so immediately. The ETS institutional code for Stanford is 4704.
A department code is not necessary, but it is fine if you give ETS a department code in addition to the institutional code.
Not Received: This means that we have no scores for you. You must send an email immediately to email@example.com with the following information:
1. Test Date, score(s), percentile(s).
2. Date when you requested that ETS send the official scores.
Not Applicable or Exempt: This is only used for the TOEFL score. This means that you are not required to submit TOEFL scores. If you think that you do not need to submit TOEFL scores but your checklist does not say “Not Applicable” or “Exempt”, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.